dare 2 b natural

dare 2 b natural

Thursday, May 5, 2011

Mother's Day at Cranleigh School

As mentioned in an earlier post, I was asked to make 80 soaps for the mothers of Cranleigh School students.

As usual, one of my simple ideas quickly grew into a craft bonanza. I can get a little manic in my head when given free reign to craft up.

Making the 80 soaps was probably the most straight forward part of the process. As I have 10 mid-size guest soap molds, I figured I would just make 8 different sets- 8 smells & colours. So I settled on:

yellow = melonberry
orange = orange rockmelon
pink = baby powder
red = red cafe
light blue = sun showers
dark blue = chai
light green = kiwi kisses
dark green = hummingbird

Halfway through making the 80, I realised I needed more soap base, so I fired off an order to my supplier, ordered more cello bags,  and labels, and waited....


It's the waiting that does it every time, because then I start thinking.

How to pretty them up?

Fire off another email ordering organza bags, the ones I had were either a smidge too small or too incredibly big.

More waiting.

Tags- one of my hobbies is making cards & bits and pieces, and I have a friend who is a Stampin' Up! independant demonstrator, so I have lots of (woefully underused) craft bits.

So, 80 tags, colour co-ordinated with the soaps.

Tags done, waiting recommences.

Soap arrives! So, 80 soaps, ten every 2nd day for 8 days.

Cello bags arrive, one afternoon spent bagging them.

The labels arrive the next day (of course!), so that afternoon spent labelling.

So, a three day wait for organza bags. Another afternoon bagging them up in organza bags, and then working out the best way to tie the gift tag on- I'm a bit ribbon challenged.

So, here is the final result. 80 guest soaps to spoil the beautiful Cranleigh Mums.

No comments:

Post a Comment